Monday, April 28, 2008

Sickies and Ickies








Above are the belated Easter and Jacob's birthday pictures I promised!

Jacob had been pretty sick since early last week. He wouldn't eat or drink for a few days. I took him to the Dr. and they said he didn't have strep, then they called Monday and said that he did. Poor miserable little guy. He looked so skinny and sad! Jaden also had a fever and pain in his ear that night and we took him in to find that he had an ear infection. So, Jaden was home for 3 days and we were pretty much housebound all week. The only good thing is that I got to spend a little extra time with Jaden.
This weekend was crazy filled with service, soccer and ultimate Frisbee games, and lots of guests over for dinner Saturday and Sunday!
Friday night I volunteered for "Gifts from the Heart". It's a program that our stake started for donating to the needy or anyone (I consider all of us in need of something) I volunteered there thinking it would be great opportunity to scope out what I wanted to come back for the next day and then when I got there my whole tune changed. First of all it looked literally like D.I. in our gym! Crazy! Anyhow there was quite a heavy feeling I had there as I thought of the people that were really in need (having much less than I) that would come there to get things for free. I caught a glimpse of how much that would mean to them to have this resource and the relief they would feel for getting those things. The first hour in the morning was reserved for those recommended by the bishop and then it was open to anyone and everyone, including out of our faith. I heard that people started lining up to go in by 6 am. I had decided I wouldn't take anything or go back to get anything. I am blessed to be able to find enough other ways to get clothes for cheap (like yard sales, which I love). I was glad for the spirit I felt and that I could leave there remembering all of my many blessings!
Saturday night we celebrated Ryan's dad's birthday with KFC (his favorite) and German chocolate cake.
Sunday night my dad came over and brought dinner and we had the yummiest strawberry pie!

Overall we had a very fun weekend and everyone is all better now!

2 comments:

Sarah S said...

sounds like a full week! it's fun to hear what you guys are up to! our blog is severson.blogspot.com :)

West Family said...

Poor Jacob, its even sadder when the sweetest babies in the world get sick! I hope he is better now!