Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Jacob and Belated Easter!



JACOB IS 1 YEAR OLD!!!

THE BEST FAMILY SHOT WE COULD GET!

JADEN GOT A NEW SUIT FOR EASTER.

JACOB'S BIRTHDAY CAKE AT GRANDMA HULING'S



Jacob had plenty of willing helpers to open his gifts with!


Uh, I swear I posted on Sunday and now there is nothing here. Wierd! Well, I guess I have to start over.
Sunday was Easter and Jacob's birthday! Ryan was gone all of Spring break the week before in Kalamazoo Michigan. He came home for the weekend and we were supposed to spend the whole Saturday at my dad's house. That plan got a little changed when Jocelyn cracked her head open at Dick's sporting goods. She had to go to the E.R. and get 4 stitches. Ryan stayed with her the whole time and kept her calm. She was a real trooper and didn't cry much until the stitches were removed the following Friday. I guess she's used to hurting herself, since she had always been very accident prone and had Jaden beating up on her :)
We finally got to my dad's house and dyed Easter eggs and opened Jacob's birthday present. He got a new dump truck that he can sit on, push, and put block in. Right now he's content just sitting on it pressing the sound buttons. Jacob also ate birthday cake for the first time. he was very tired but managed to stuff his face in a dazed stupor. It was really funny to watch him. I will post the pictures when I get them from my dad!
The kids did get a little over-zealous at the park and pushed him so fast he fell right off. I guess he's the new one to get pushed around. He's pretty tough too, but not afraid to call to mommy for help!
Sunday we went to Ryan's parents for more birthday and Easter celebration! As you can see in the picture LaDawn made a bear cake for Jacob, which is a pretty common cake for the grandchildren to get! Jacob was so tired and worn out from his cake at my dad's the night before that he acted like having cake was old news and would rather just go to bed. He chimed in for a few claps and then he was done!

WE HOPE EVERYONE HAD A HAPPY EASTER!

2 comments:

Melanie and Chauncey West said...

Where were her stiches? I hope somewhere no visible. Happy Birthday Jacob!

paulak said...

Happy Birthday Jacob. What a cute family. Glad you had a great Easter weekend, sorry about the stitches incident. That can't be fun. Miss you!