Sunday, August 24, 2008

Jocelyn's birthday party

Ok! This really is the last thing about Jocelyn's birthday. Now you all know that she is loved :) I had no idea what I was getting myself into! I thought I would just have a few kids with some cake and ice cream. Simple, right? No, it's never simple when there's lots of little kids running around your house. Since I had myself convinced it was going to be so simple I didn't really start planning until 2 days before. Big mistake! Because I've never been so stressed out about a birthday party and I did it to myself, so now it seems funny. Once I started reading online on all the cute ideas for princess/prince parties I wanted to incorporate them into Jocelyn's party. Let's just say I was at Walmart way too long the night before! ha ha. Anyway, I tried to make it as simple as possible and just stuck with one big activity. We decorated princess tiaras and prince crowns as you can see in the pictures. Then we just ate cake and ice cream, opened gifts and took pictures on our homemade throne and then played outside. It ended up being a fun 2 hours for everyone!



Jocelyn and her cousin Noah



Jocelyn's cake (made by Ryan). She wanted a princess
cake, but we couldn't find a pan and Ryan didn't want to
attempt the 3-d princess yet.



Jocelyn getting ready to blow out candles!



Jocleyn lost in her first gift. ha ha!



A princess crown to go with her princess dress-up!



She loved the kitty purse filled with nail polish, lip gloss and
mini pens!



She took pictures with Jaden and all her friends on her "throne"



Ryan was really tired after decorating the cake for over 2 hours!
He rested on Jocelyn's new pillow.



Jocelyn got a new bike from us and grandma. Her knees
were up to the bars on her trike.



I guess after all that riding she was hot and tired!



All the kids in their tiaras and crowns.


5 comments:

Amber said...

Wow! That's a birthday she'll never forget! I can't wait to do one of those for Amelie. The trick will be holding myself off until she can actually appreciate it. Way to go supermom!

Emily Black said...

Cute blog Christina! You're adorable little babies are growing up so fast!

Melanie and Chauncey West said...

I love the cake....the party looks like a hit!

Linzie said...

So Ave looks so excited! ha ha. Way cute pictures and Avery still talks about it:)

Cody and Utahna said...

Fun theme. What a cake. Kudos, Ryan! She is an adorable princess.