Saturday, July 26, 2008

4th of July etc.



Jacob before his haircut (I really loved it long :( )

Sorry this post is so late guys! I have been a slacker, but I've been caught up in the summer and dealing with feeling too pregnant already. I swear I'm not that old, but I already feel like I'm falling apart. It must just be that having multiple babies really ages you. I don't know how the rest of you feel, but maybe it's because I didn't have enough recovery time in between this time. Still I'm not sure how my body will hold up for another child? If it's meant to be, I guess God will provide a way (not that I'm at all thinking of having another one anytime soon :)
We had a pretty good 4th of July. Ryan was off for a couple of extra days and we went on a hike in the Shenandoah mountains with the kids. It was so beautiful there. Rolling hill everywhere, so green, plenty of wildlife, etc. We thought it wouldn't be bad to do the 3.3 mile hike to the waterfall with the kids. HA! It was all down hill going to the waterfall, but you know what that means coming back. A few times Jocelyn actually laid down on the trail and we even got off the trail about 1/2 mile and had to find our way back. It wasn't clearly marked at a particular crossroads or at least we didn't look close enough. We used it as an example of life and the gospel, how important it is that we read the scriptures (signs from Heavenly Father) everyday for directions in our lives. If I were farther along the whole things might have put me into labor, but then again it's me, so probably not. Our camera died so we didn't get any pictures. Bummer!
On the 4th we decided to take the kids to see D.C. fireworks, since those are worth seeing once and we don't plan on staying here too long. It was quite the trip as well, but worth it. The kids rode the metro for the first time and we set out a blanket on a hill by the memorial Iwo Jima (a war memorial in D.C. where we could clearly see the fireworks going off over the Washington monument. It only lasted about 15 minutes and then we headed back to the metro in the mad herd of rushing people. We didn't get home until almost midnight, but we had a good time.
Saturday we were supposed to go out on my dad's boat, but the kids were sick so we just hung out at his house and grilled out and played the WII. My dad has a projector screen so that makes it even more fun! We sure love the Wii. Ryan wouldn't let us get one, because he thought we might (he) become addicted, but my dad sent us one in the mail because he has it and he thinks it is a great way to bring families closer (thank you Dad!). My opinion on all of this. Well we love the Wii and I think I might be addicted now too. I love tennis. The only problem is the temptation to play it at night and we don't always get to do other things, if you know what I mean :) Ryan and I are very competitive, so we don't hesitate to rematch until satisfied.

Here are the most recent pics!



Jocelyn under her princess umbrella



I found this pool for only $30. The kids loved it!



Jaden and Jake



Jacob practicing walking



some more...



Kids first trip on the metro!



Jaden catching lightning bugs on the 4th of July!



He sure does love bugs and the outdoors!



Jocelyn took this of us. They love to take pictures!



Jacob didn't feel well again. He seems to always be sick lately!



Jacob at the Water mine ( we have season passes the this
great water park with slides and fountains and a lazy river)



Jocelyn all decked out in her swimgear!



Jacob's first real haircut (given by Daddy, our new family stylist)



Jacob is still teething so terribly (how long does it take for those
stinkin eye teeth to come in ?)



Jacob signs all done!


My mother-in-law and two of my sisters-in-law (Heather
in the middle is due next month and we had a shower at my
house)


24 weeks and and feeling closer to 34 weeks! HA!

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

Hey! I'm glad you had a great 4th of July - that's so neat you were able to go to DC. The kids are looking so old- they are so cute! Yeah ..your 24 week picture looks like you are 14 weeks! you're still tiny - but I get ya' on feeling further along. I'm getting aches & pains and am thinking, "i don't remember these starting so early in the pregnancy last time!"

Sarah S said...

those pictures are fun! You look great at 24 weeks!! I'm sorry your body feels tired though.

Melanie said...

Love the sexy black maternity dress!

kristi lou said...

oh man. i can't believe how grown up everyone is. seriously. it's a little sad.

they look like great kids, though. how fun!

Melanie and Chauncey West said...

I can't believe how much Jacob looks like Jaden! I had to take a double take to be sure it wasn't baby Jaden! Such a cute boy. And Jocelyn is beautiful!
Oh, and I think you look great in your pregnant pics. Does everything feel the same this time around to you?

Christina Huling said...

As far as the pregnancy goes it's not the same. I'm older and this is the 4th and I feel it! Everything seems a little harder because besides taking care of just myself there are even more to take care of now. I just remember how I didn't know before I had each of them how much I really needed them and that gets me through it. I already know how much I will love this baby. I guess that's part of the wisdom that comes from having multiples :)

Cody and Utahna said...

Ryan, I just gave Chandler a hair cut the other day. It did not look real even. But you inspire me to keep cutting my kids hair.